Landlord/Tenant Dispute Hearing Application Lawyer (Consultation)

Most tenants and landlords can handle problems between each other during the leasing of rental units and properties. Yet, on occasion, there are issues where neither party can come to an amicable agreement. The tenant may dispute a rent increase that is higher than normal, doesn’t want to vacate the property when the landlord issues a notice to end the tenancy, or wishes for repairs that the landlord refuses to pay or have performed. A landlord may experience problems getting a tenant to vacate the property after serving the required notice, wants to claim money that the tenant refuses to pay for rent, or has a tenant damaging the rental unit.

In the area of Abbotsford, BC, a tenant or a landlord can seek out dispute resolution services from the Residential Tenancy Branch. Both parties can have their stories heard by an arbitrator who will look at the available evidence at a hearing and ask pertinent questions about the issue. Then the arbitrator will come to an enforceable decision that is legally binding to both the landlord and the tenant. When seeking a hearing with the Residential Tenancy Branch, the landlord or the tenant must fill out a hearing application.

Lawyer Gordon J. Dykstra Offering Legal Aid for Residential Tenancy Hearing Applications

Hearings with the Residential Tenancy Branch is a court-like process of filling out the right information on the application, gathering evidence, presenting witness testimony, and providing clarification to the arbitrator in an effective way to present your side of the dispute. Yet if you provide the wrong information or do not present all the required evidence along with the application, the arbitrator can dismiss the case or will not hear the late evidence.

Lawyer Gordon J. Dykstra has been helping landlords and tenants by providing dispute resolution legal representation. He helps clients fill out applications and provides other legal services:

  • Application completion services
  • Gathering relevant evidence and documentation
  • Helping clients serve hearing packages to the other party
  • Provides assistance and representation at the hearing

By hiring a lawyer versed in British Columbia law in regards to landlord and tenant disputes, clients can take the required steps during the allotted 2 years when either party ends a rental tenancy. These services are designed to make the application process easier for the client so they can properly prepare for their hearing with the arbitrator of the Residential Tenancy Branch.

Let Lawyer Gordon J. Dykstra Assist You with the Hearing Application

There is nothing more frustrating than trying to handle a residential tenancy dispute. Tenants and landlords want to present their dispute to protect their rights in the matter or seek out monetary compensation. Yet getting through the application process can be very confusing, especially when trying to describe the nature of the case and then giving comprehensive details in an effort to get a hearing with the arbitrator. Lawyer Gordon J. Dykstra can assist clients with the application so they are filling out all the required information and listing monetary items that they want compensated for by the other party.

In addition, Gordon J. Dykstra can help gather required evidence that will be included with the application. He can help clients figure out what evidence is relevant for their case while gathering documentation, written witness testimony, audio recordings, photographs, video recordings, and other required evidence. Then he can ensure that all this evidence is submitted within 14 days before the hearing to both the other party and the Residential Tenancy Branch.

Don’t be unprepared and unaware of the law as it applies to you in a residential tenancy hearing. Let the law offices of Gordon J. Dykstra help you with your case and the application details so you can have your dispute heard in front of the Residential Tenancy Branch arbitrator.